Valentine Pink Pancakes by Clara Chammas
Happy Valentine's everyone. May your week be sweet and full of love. We are celebrating with our healthy naturally pink pancakes.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp. beetroot powder
- 1 tbsp. honey or 2tsp monk fruit
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix flour, honey/ monk fru8it, baking powder, beetroot powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THEM?
Some great options to serve with your beet pancakes include:
- Fresh berries
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped walnuts
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Dark chocolate chips
- Maple syrup