Post-Holiday HIIT Workout By Mira Hoss
If you took a break from fitness over the holidays, good for you. Working out is great, but so is relaxing, eating cookies, and spending time with friends and family. You'll come back to your workouts feeling refreshed and ready to crush the new year! Mira Hoss has prepared a special HIIT workout for you to get you back in shape after the holiday binging.
Work time for each exercise is 45 seconds. Rest time between exercises is 15 seconds.
Repeat the circuit 3 times with up to one minute break after each round. Feel free to add an additional round or two if you’re feeling extra strong.1. Lateral Squat Walk to Jump
- Get into a half squat position with your thigh parallel to the floor. Keep your arms extended in front of you.
- Take a step to the side with the left leg trying to lift your hips and body as little as possible. Jump in place.
- Pull the right leg to the left leg, coming back to the start position. Repeat the exercise according to the training plan then do just the opposite and walk back to where you started.
- Start in a plank position with shoulders, elbows, and wrists all in line.
- Jump both feet out at the same time, like a jumping jack, then bring them back together.
- Jump your knees between your hands, then back to plank.
- Come into a lunge with your left leg back.
- Swing your left leg forward to hop up on your right foot, and land softly back in a lunge.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides.
- Bending at the hips and knees, reach down to put your hands on the ground.
- Once your hands reach the ground, extend your legs out behind you with a quick hop into a push-up position.
- Lift your right foot off the ground and bring your knee as close to your chest as possible. Return foot to starting position.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart and your arms down at your sides, then jump and place your legs out to the sides while raising your arms out to the sides and above your head.
- Once you return to the push-up position, reverse the leg drive motion to bring your feet back under you.
- Jump hop, as quickly as you can without compromising form.
- Come into a lunge with your right leg back.
- Swing your right leg forward to hop up on your left foot, and land softly back in a lunge.
- Start in a small squat. Jump sideways to the left, landing on your left leg. Bring your right leg behind to your left ankle, and don't let it touch the floor.
- Reverse direction by jumping to the right with your right leg. This completes one rep.
Check the video above to work out with Mira!
Wasn’t this fun?! You can check Mira’s Instagram @mirahoss for more! If you tried this workout or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.