Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho
Summer is a time for keeping your oven off and serving up something cool for lunch and dinner instead, this recipe for gazpacho is the perfect seasonal meal solution.
The cucumbers really give the soup a nice, refreshing taste. And nothing beats the sweetness of a good ripe pineapple.
Creates: 6-8 cups
Prepping time: 20 minutes
- 1 large ripe pineapple – peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 small organic cucumbers – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice – preferably freshly made
- 1/2 jalapeno – seeded and diced
- 1-tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt – to taste
-1 green onion – chopped
- 1 handful organic cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons Zejd Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of Adonis Valley fleur de sel with wild herbs
In a food processor, combine 3 cups of each the pineapple and cucumber together with the pineapple juice, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and green onion, blend until smooth.
Add the remaining pineapple and cucumber, cilantro and 1/2 of the olive oil. Pulse a few times to achieve a chunky texture. Chill in the refrigerator.
Serve garnished with the remaining cilantro, olive oil and fleur de sel.
Tara Achkar is a certified Health & Nutrition Coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. Her true passion is to empower people to overcome their health issues so they are free to experience and enjoy the life that they seek. She takes a holistic approach and goes deep into the healing journey by investigating the root underlying cause of her clients' health concerns and by empowering their body and mind.