When we find out we have to give up white up flour, a lot of us feel like we have to make compromises in taste/texture.
The good news is, after years of trial and error, I’ve managed to come with a few foolproof alternatives that won’t taste like nuts or break when you try to wrap them and they will satisfy your tastebuds without making you feel like you’re missing out!
All ingredients are from @mintbasilmarket 🍃
•Makes 12 tortillas
•Gluten Free, Low Carb/fits into Keto Diet, Paleo, Vegan
•145 kcal: 14.6g fat - 4g carbs - 2g protein
* 1 cup almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
* 1 cup tapioca flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
* 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (Ecomil)
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (Biomass)
* 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
* Combine all ingredients in a blender until you reach a very thin consistency
* Heat a non-stick ceramic pan over medium heat
* Pour 1/8 cup of batter into the pan
* Leave for 1 - 2 minutes then flip
* Cool on a cooling rack before storing in an airtight container in the fridge
Berna El Khoury
I am a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® practitioner who specializes with those who have food sensitivities, mold biotoxin illnesses, histamine intolerances, autoimmune illnesses, hormonal imbalances, parasites, candida and leaky gut.
Since Every individual has a unique biochemistry, I do not subscribe to a one-size fits all diet or wellness protocol. Instead, I use special functional nutrition lab tests to investigate and identify hidden malfunctions and imbalances that are at the root cause of your chronic health symptoms. Then, I develop a natural, personalized dietary and lifestyle protocol to help you heal and get rid of your chronic symptoms.