Almond Coconut Snowman Bliss Balls by Holy Mitt
@holymitt brings to you her Almond Coconut Snowman Bliss Balls recipe!
Ingredients (Makes 4 Snowmen)
225g unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
9 tbsp almond flour
½-1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼-½ tsp ground ginger
2 pinches of salt
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
5 tbsp honey
1 tsp orange zest
4-5 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
4 tsp chocolate almond spread, refrigerated before using
Dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces for the eyes and buttons
Goji berries for the noses and mouths
1. Place the shredded coconut, almond flour, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Use cinnamon and ginger depending on how much you like the bliss balls to be spiced. Add the coconut oil and honey to the mixture. Process until it starts coming together.
2. While the food processor is running, drizzle in the milk until a shaggy dough starts forming. Scrape the sides of the food processor, and mix again. The mixture should be sticky, and you should be able to roll it into balls. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the mixture and chocolate from the fridge. Make the bottom part of the Snowman: measure ¼ cup of the mixture, flatten in the palm of your hand, place 1 tsp of the chocolate spread in the middle, close it, and gently roll it into a big ball. Roll 1 ½ tbsp and 1 tbsp of the mixture into balls. These are the middle part and the head of the Snowman. Repeat this process until you finish the mixture. You should have 4 balls of each size.
4. Gently roll the balls in coconut. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Thread the balls onto pieces of wooden skewers to construct the Snowmen. Decorate with the chocolate and goji berries. Serve the Snowmen on a shredded coconut covered tray!